Can not delete edge

Hello everyOne;
I am a newcomer to orientdb. And now I have a question that I can not delete a edge,which is written in Chinese characters.
First, the API of orientdb that I used is TinkerPop 3.x Graph Gremlin API, and the version of orientdb-gremlin is 3.0.10, the version of tinkergraph-gremlin is 3.3.4
What I have done is that I added some vertexs and edges in orientDB Studio ,then I deleted all the vertex,but I did not delete edges. Atter I deleted vertexs, I foud that there is still a edge,which have the id of outV and inV. but I can not find vertex by those id.that is to say the ouV and the inV don not exit. but the edge between ouV and inV exits.At the same time ,I can not delete the edge. All the above operations are in orientDB Studio.

Hi @52HZ

This is a strange situation, it would be interesting to understand how it could happen. Is it a reproducible situation?

To delete the edge you can try the following

DELETE FROM TheEdgeClass UNSAFE

In case it doesn’t work, could you please post here the error message?

Thanks

Luigi

Hi @luigidellaquila

Thanks for your answer. The result that I did like what you said is something in the picture

Thanks

52Hz

Ok, it seems related to the query parsing, could you please try to do the following:

DELETE FROM #281:0 UNSAFE

Thanks

Luigi

Hi,@Luigi
I have a idea about this.Maybe, it is because of encoding. but I do not know that if it is right.

You are right.I deleted it by the way. but i think,we just deleted it ,we did not find the reason that query by Chinese characters.Because I can add the class in chinese,but i can not query by chinese characters. That is strange.what do you think of ?

Thanks

52HZ

Hi @52HZ

that’s a good question, I’ll try to investigate.
In the meantime, you can try to back-tick quote the class name and see if it fixes the problem

DELETE FROM `theClassName` 

Thanks

Luigi

Ok, I will try to do this.

Thanks

52HZ

Hi,@ luigidellaquila

Now ,I hava someting new. I found that we did not solve the question.Last time ,I delete a edge of cluster.but now ,I found the others edges ,and i could not delete them again. like the picutre:
I have those edges and vertexs of them do not exit.

Thanks

52HZ