How to properly shutdown the Orientdb embedded server

Hello. I’m using Orientdb 3.0.24. I have test cases that take a database, copy it to a JUnit 5 temporary directory, open the database and then close it. The problem is that JUnit can not delete the file, even if I shutdown the database. I open the database with

def factory = new OrientGraphFactory("plocal:${dir}").setUseLightweightEdges(true).setupPool(1,10);

Then I close the database with:

factory.close();

But then I get still the errors:

Suppressed: java.nio.file.FileSystemException: C:\Users\erwin\AppData\Local\Temp\junit5084569816437625900\db\v_3_1920431590.pcl: The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process.

at java.base/sun.nio.fs.WindowsException.translateToIOException(WindowsException.java:92)
		at java.base/sun.nio.fs.WindowsException.rethrowAsIOException(WindowsException.java:103)
		at java.base/sun.nio.fs.WindowsException.rethrowAsIOException(WindowsException.java:108)
		at java.base/sun.nio.fs.WindowsFileSystemProvider.implDelete(WindowsFileSystemProvider.java:270)
		at java.base/sun.nio.fs.AbstractFileSystemProvider.delete(AbstractFileSystemProvider.java:105)
		at java.base/java.nio.file.Files.delete(Files.java:1141)
		at org.junit.jupiter.engine.extension.TempDirectory$CloseablePath$1.deleteAndContinue(TempDirectory.java:192)
		at org.junit.jupiter.engine.extension.TempDirectory$CloseablePath$1.visitFile(TempDirectory.java:182)
		at org.junit.jupiter.engine.extension.TempDirectory$CloseablePath$1.visitFile(TempDirectory.java:178)
		at java.base/java.nio.file.Files.walkFileTree(Files.java:2724)
		at java.base/java.nio.file.Files.walkFileTree(Files.java:2796)
		at org.junit.jupiter.engine.extension.TempDirectory$CloseablePath.deleteAllFilesAndDirectories(TempDirectory.java:178)
		at org.junit.jupiter.engine.extension.TempDirectory$CloseablePath.close(TempDirectory.java:166)
		... 44 more
	Suppressed: java.nio.file.FileSystemException: C:\Users\erwin\AppData\Local\Temp\junit5084569816437625900\db\v_615117818.cpm: The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process.

at java.base/sun.nio.fs.WindowsException.translateToIOException(WindowsException.java:92)
		at java.base/sun.nio.fs.WindowsException.rethrowAsIOException(WindowsException.java:103)
		at java.base/sun.nio.fs.WindowsException.rethrowAsIOException(WindowsException.java:108)
		at java.base/sun.nio.fs.WindowsFileSystemProvider.implDelete(WindowsFileSystemProvider.java:270)
		at java.base/sun.nio.fs.AbstractFileSystemProvider.delete(AbstractFileSystemProvider.java:105)
		at java.base/java.nio.file.Files.delete(Files.java:1141)
		at org.junit.jupiter.engine.extension.TempDirectory$CloseablePath$1.deleteAndContinue(TempDirectory.java:192)
		at org.junit.jupiter.engine.extension.TempDirectory$CloseablePath$1.visitFile(TempDirectory.java:182)
		at org.junit.jupiter.engine.extension.TempDirectory$CloseablePath$1.visitFile(TempDirectory.java:178)
		at java.base/java.nio.file.Files.walkFileTree(Files.java:2724)
		at java.base/java.nio.file.Files.walkFileTree(Files.java:2796)
		at org.junit.jupiter.engine.extension.TempDirectory$CloseablePath.deleteAllFilesAndDirectories(TempDirectory.java:178)
		at org.junit.jupiter.engine.extension.TempDirectory$CloseablePath.close(TempDirectory.java:166)
		... 44 more

Hi @devent

which api are you using?

Do you have a test case to reproduce this issue?

Thanks